researchers report.

The study was expected to be published in an upcoming issue of the Journal of Neuroscience.

In this study, 30 volunteers were given money and gambling options presented in a positive or negative way. What determines the other 90 percent of variability is unclear. The gene has been shown to affect the response of the amygdala.

“This one gene cannot tell the whole story, however, as it only explains about 10 percent of the variability in susceptibility to the framing effect. Jonathan Roiser, of the UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, said in a Wellcome Trust news release. It is probably a mixture of people’s life experience and other genetic influences,” Roiser said.

The Human Genome Project has more information on behavioral genetics.

“We know that people from across a variety of cultures are susceptible to biases when making decisions, and that even with training, these biases are hard to overcome,” Dr. “This implies that hard-wired genetic influences might play an important role in determining how susceptible different individuals are to the framing effect.”

More information

In a previous study, the research team from University College London (UCL) found that an area of the brain called the amygdala — involved in processing emotions — becomes active when people are making decisions influenced by the framing effect.

TUESDAY, May 5 (HealthDay News) — Genetics influence how a person makes a decision based on whether their options are presented to them in a positive or negative way (framing effect) — such as being told there is an 80 percent chance of surviving or a 20 percent chance of dying during an operation, U.K. Those with two copies of the short variant of the serotonin transporter gene were significantly more susceptible to the framing effect than those with two copies of the long variant of the gene.

SOURCE: Wellcome Trust, news release, May 5, 2009

In this new study, the UCL researchers found that a person’s genetic makeup appears to at least partly influence their susceptibility to the framing effect and their amygdala’s response..

The serotonin transporter gene is involved in the recycling of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that’s essential for communication between nerve cells

Kieran O'Donnell

Kieran O'Donnell

Another good strategy whenever you embark on online sports betting, particularly in sports such as baseball, is to get a reputable handicapper that provides information based on sports betting experience, angles, trends, and a proven system to bring you to consistent wins each time you place your bets.
Kieran O'Donnell

Latest posts by Kieran O'Donnell (see all)

Leave a Reply

Post Navigation